Re: [wtp-pmc] IBM Staffing Changes

Arthur,

I am glad to hear that you will still continue to participate in WTP. WTP has been a fun ride for me, and you sure did contribute a lot into that. I am sure your new project will be a success too.

PMC Members,

I have started work on a new project at IBM and have to reduce my level of participation in WTP. I'd like to remain on the PMC in an advisory role and, with the approval of the PMC, transfer leadership of WST to David Williams. I'll remain actively engaged with the WTP 1.5.1 maintenance release and would like David to assume my responsibilities for WTP 2.0 planning and execution. David and I will jointly represent IBM requirements on the PMC.

Accepting this new assignment was an extremely difficult decision for me. The process of creating the WTP project proposal, moving it through the Eclipse system, starting up the development work, and seeing it through three major releases has been a wonderful experience. This is the most talented and dedicated group of people I've ever worked with. I'd like to thank everyone for making these last two years so memorable. WTP is a huge success and I know that this team will continue to make it even more successful.

I'll continue to participate to the best of my abilities, but I am sure that as my new project ramps up there will be inevitable schedule conflicts. I may not attend PMC and status calls as frequently. I will be watching though, and I expect that my new team will be big WTP users.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411