[wtp-pmc] RE: Agenda for Tuesday, May 23rd, 2006 telecon

Slight revision in agenda ordering – we’ll discuss the PMC nominations at the end in a closed door session. Craig also sends his regrets.

From: Tim Wagner
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 12:16 AM
To: WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements, and Group discussions)
Subject: Agenda for Tuesday, May 23rd, 2006 telecon

Call Info: 866-214-3176 or 404-827-9098. Access code 8870689.

Call time: 7-8am PDT.

Agenda:

  • Community
    • JavaOne report
  • Procedural Items
  • Requirements (Jochen)
  • 1.0.3
  • 1.5 / Callisto / RC3 status
    • Rampdown process discussion. There seems to be general agreement among the component leads (expressed in last week’s status call; see attached) that the rate of change is too high to initiate our planned PMC approval process this week. Chris’ suggestion is to support “post review” for now. A revised rampdown process might look like this:
      1. Now-5/31 (RC4) – component lead checkin approval and “post hoc” PMC member review
      2. 6/1-6/10 (no milestone) – same process (do we want to limit by priority/severity here?)
      3. 6/10-6/20 (RC5) – standard (1.0.3-style) PMC pre-approval with “post hoc” approval by downstream projects
      4. 6/21-6/28 (RC6) – Emergency regression/Callisto-level issues only. PMC approval and x-team notification required for any checkins.
      5. 6/28-6/30 (GA) – release activities only; Callisto-wide freeze in place
  • Architecture (David)
  • JSF (Raghu)
    • Discuss release review dates and readiness
  • Dali (Neil)
    • Discuss release review dates and readiness
  • ATF (Craig)
  • Additional topics if time permits
    • Clarify WTP-level requirements for JSF and Dali release (versus incubation exit)
    • Support tool (Arthur) – see attached email thread for background
    • Interesting discussion of tracking bug-to-release-in-which-fix-is-planned on wtp-dev, but suggest we defer it given the number of other topics for discussion today.
  • [Closed door session]
    • PMC nominations
      1. I would like to nominate Craig Becker as a PMC member to represent the ATF project. Craig has been attending our calls and effectively functioning in this role now for several months, and is the obvious person to represent this incubating project at the project leadership level.
      2. Contingent on a successful move review Wednesday, I would like to nominate Neil Hauge as a PMC member to represent the Dali sub-project. Neil has been serving in this capacity for some time and adds another member company’s perspective to the WTP PMC.

Regrets:

Craig Becker.

Attendance:

Craig Becker has been invited to the WTP PMC call to represent ATF.

Dali leadership (Shaun/Neil) has a standing invite through incubation exit to join the calls.

Back to the top