RE: [wtp-pmc] Member Company Logo Use Agreements for Server AdapterIcons

Unfortunately, that usage agreement is extremely limited – it applies only to use of the logo on the Eclipse website for purposes of identifying the provider as a member company.

Janet, this would be a good template for additional use, however – can we draft some similar language for post-1.5 releases?

From: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Arthur Ryman
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:51 AM
To: wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: janet.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [wtp-pmc] Member Company Logo Use Agreements for Server AdapterIcons

Tim,

We recently were told by the Foundation to not reship any server adapter icons that had company logos. A colleague just pointed out to me that all Eclipse member companies signed a Logo Use agreement which should let us use their logos, e.g. for IBM, BEA, Oracle, ObjectWeb. We could also ask Apache, etc. to sign the agreement.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411