From: Bill Shannon [mailto:bill.shannon@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:19 AM
To: Tim Wagner
Cc: graham.hamilton@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Clarifying Java EE DTD/Schema licenses

Tim Wagner wrote:
> Wondering if either of you gents can help me out on this question: The

> 1.3/1.4/5.0 schemas and DTDs at
>

> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/index.html
>

> contain the language "No part of this document may be reproduced in
any
> form by any means without prior written authorization of Sun and its
> licensors, if any."
>

> but the page on which they occur says, "Unless otherwise licensed,
code
> in all technical manuals herein (including articles, FAQs, samples) is

> provided under this License
> <http://developers.sun.com/global/berkeley_license.html>." [reproduced

> below]
>

> I'm trying to determine which language applies to these files. Many
thanks,

Ultimately this is a question for lawyers, and IANAL.

My belief is that the copyright/license information in the individual
files overrides the general information at the bottom of the page.

Still, these files are available to you as a Java EE licensee under the
terms of your license, so the license here may not be relevant to you.

Back to the top