[wtp-pmc] Re: Can You Give the WTP Team a Tutorial on Memory Profiling?

Chris,

I was thinking a Webcast for all WTP developers including IBM, BEA, Oracle, etc. Any tools need to be freely available, preferably from Eclipse. We need help asap to solve memory problems for Callisto. Thx.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

Chris Laffra/Durham/IBM@IBMUS

04/18/2006 01:25 PM

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: Can You Give the WTP Team a Tutorial on Memory Profiling?Link

Hi Arthur,

I'd like to make this coincide with the Eclipse build we are packaging up at Rational with usefule profilers prepackaged in it.
We'll include tutorials to use the included profilers. We want to record sessions so developers can look at them at their leisure.

Does that sound like a good plan? Do you prefer personal tutorials? Are you thinking IBM employee tutorials only?
Some of the tools we use are not commonly available, or require a license with a third party.

Chris Laffra
Rational Performance Engineering Team
Phone: 919-254-7264
Email: laffrac@xxxxxxxxxx
http://eclipsefaq.org/chris

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

04/18/2006 10:24 AM

Chris Laffra/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
cc
wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Can You Give the WTP Team a Tutorial on Memory Profiling?

Chris,

We're starting to see increased memory requirements. We'd like all WTP developers to know how to measure memory comsumption and detect memory leaks. Could you give us a tutorial? If so, when? Thx.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411