RE: [wtp-pmc] 2006 WTP Architecture Block Diagram

A few suggestions:

  • I would consider just dropping the special color for JSF, under the assumption that we’re drawing the architecture as it will exist circa 1.5/Callisto. You could indicate that it will be in a “less than 1.0 release” status somehow if you think that’s helpful.
  • I would treat Dali the same way as JSF, since circa 1.5 it will be in a similar state (WTP component in tech preview).
  • I would move AJAX into the dark grey (WTP) box, but give it a different color or outline to indicate “future” status. (Lighter blue color? Dashed outlines?)
  • For consistency, rename: SOA à STP, AJAX à ATF.
  • Suggest merging the downstream projects (STP, PHP, BIRT, TPTP) into a single dark blue box – I don’t see a need to distinguish between “current” and “future” w.r.t. our relationship to them, so I would label them something neutral and symmetric with “Prerequisite Projects” below…maybe just “Downstream projects”. (The current labels somehow suggest that we’re not really doing a good job of integrating with them)
  • DTP should go in the “Prerequisite Projects” box, using whatever “future indicator” (lighter color and/or dashed outline) you choose for Dali.

Thanks for working on this!

-t

by email and then delete it.

Back to the top