Re: [wtp-pmc] Request for time at PMC meeting to introduce the WTP usability study

David,

IMHO, "Getting our blessing" means that 1) we know about the project, 2) think it's a good idea, 3) will encourage people to help, 4) will promote it on our Web site, 5) etc..

The point is that we want potential volunteers to understand that this project is being done with our knowledge and agreement and that we will listen to the findings and consider the recommendations for improvement. Otherwise, there is little motivation for people to help. Why help if there is no direct line back into WTP development?

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/11/2006 12:40 AM

Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)"

"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx, wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx, lkf@xxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [wtp-pmc] Request for time at PMC meeting to introduce the WTP        usability study

Yes, I've seen Leah's notes on the newsgroups, and would love to hear more about it ... but will ask what "get our blessing" means. I don't think we (as a PMC)  be in any position to give official endorsement or official approval (at least not with a 5-10 intro) and would not see why that would be needed. Any reason why this has surfaced now, at this time, instead of several months ago when she began to solicit participants?

But, yes, sounds great and all experimental psychologist and cognitive scientists have my personal blessing :)

David

Lawrence Mandel <lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/10/2006 01:17 PM

Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
lkf@xxxxxxxxx
Subject
[wtp-pmc] Request for time at PMC meeting to introduce the WTP        usability study

Leah Findlater, a University of British Columbia PhD student, is about to start a usability study based on WTP. I'd like to request 5-10 minutes at this coming Tuesday's (Feb. 14) PMC meeting to introduce Leah and let her give the PMC a short overview of the study, its goals, and its requirements in order to educate the PMC on what she's going to be up to and get your 'blessing'.

If I don't hear any objections for this coming week I'll invite Leah to join us at 10am EST.

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx