Re: [wtp-pmc] Callisto Requirements

Tim, Lawrence has covered capabilities (i.e. we may have incremental improvements to make, but we may consider "done" for these requirement lists.

And, I can speak to these three ...
2.        All Callisto projects should have jarred plug-ins because this is good Eclipse citizenship.
3.        All Callisto projects should use Eclipse message bundles, not Java bundles because this is a good Eclipse citizenship.
4.        All Callisto projects must use ICU4J by RC0.

We are jarred .. again maybe incremental improvement, but we can consider "done" for a "should have" requirement.
We do use new message bundles ... again, maybe some incremental improvement, but we can consider done for a "should" requirement.
And, we will use ICU4J by our M6 (RC0). Jeffrey sent out some nice notes to pin-pointed to effected teams on changes required ... different DateFormat class, etc.

I do hope we can quickly get beyond the checklist sorts of things, and use the projects together more ... e.g. with TPTP, BIRT, etc., as with both of those there are scenario's and
tutorials of how the total is more than the sum of the parts .. so we'd want to be sure there's no obvious seams as those parts come together.

Perhaps some one will volunteer someone's time to spend a few days testing these projects together. Another task we could use a "volunteer" resource is the task of going through the UI guidelines while looking at WTP and seeing if there is any low hanging fruit we should fix (we all get so used to seeing it the way it is .. its hard for us to spot things that are "different" from other Eclipse projects).

David

"Tim Wagner" <twagner@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/10/2006 10:58 AM

Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-pmc] Callisto Requirements

From the initial Callisto call. We should review where we are against them and our plan for closing any gaps on the next PMC call.

Callisto Requirements

This group (the Planning Council) is the body that sets the requirements for Callisto. As Kevin stated, our key goal is to be the best that we can and thus these requirements are minimums.
1.        What we deliver in June must work together. Thus if project X does not work with Callisto, it will not be part of Callisto. Additionally, once this Planning Council believes that a project X cannot safely be made to work in time for Callisto, the project will be dropped from Callisto.
2.        All Callisto projects should have jar'ed plug-ins because this is good Eclipse citizenship.
3.        All Callisto projects should use Eclipse message bundles, not Java bundles because this is a good Eclipse citizenship.
4.        All Callisto projects must use ICU4J by RC0.
5.        All Callisto projects must use capabilities._______________________________________________
wtp-pmc mailing list
wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx