[wtp-pmc] Help Requested: WTP 1.0 news site coverage

With WTP 1.0 looking ever more promising, we need to address the coverage of news sites and blogs following the release. Covering a site means watching it for posts about WTP and following up with the posts where necessary. It may also mean posting an announcement yourself if there is no coverage on the site.

Pieter Humphrey has compiled a list of 19 sites (see the end of this e-mail) that we should monitor and has volunteered to monitor three of the sites himself. (Thanks Pieter!) That leaves 16 sites to be covered, and I'd say 17 slots as we will need at least two people covering the newsgroup. (This is not to say that everyone doesn't need to check the newsgroup but rather that 2 people will be dedicated to ensuring questions are getting answered in a timely fashion.) I'd like to request the each component team volunteer at least two people (with the exception of server tools which, afaik, only has Tim and Gorkem) to cover sites. With those 11 we will only have 6 slots left to fill. I'll volunteer to fill two of the slots. PMC - can you help fill the remaining four slots?

Remember, you do not have to be a committer to monitor a site. We'd welcome volunteers from the WTP community (including users and adopters). Volunteering to monitor a site should only require 10-15 minutes a day (or every other day) for the first few weeks of the WTP 1.0 release.

Thanks,

Lawrence

WTP newsgroup
SlashDot (http://slashdot.org)