Re: [wtp-pmc] Fw: [wtp-dev] RC3 Hot Bug Status and Process

+1
Christophe

On Dec 9, 2005, at 11:28 PM, Tim Wagner wrote:

+1 (RC3 incorporation).

From: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Arthur Ryman
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 1:44 PM
To: wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [wtp-pmc] Fw: [wtp-dev] RC3 Hot Bug Status and Process

PMC Members,

Please vote on this request from Chris. Respond on the wtp-dev list.

So far me and Raghu have voted yes. Thx.

 Arthur Ryman,
 IBM Software Group, Rational Division

 phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
 assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
 fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
 mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx
----- Forwarded by Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM on 12/09/2005 04:35 PM -----
Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM

12/09/2005 10:21 AM
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] RC3 Hot Bug Status and ProcessLink

+1 for release in RC3 - We're waiting for the 3 other Hot Bugs to be released.

PMC Members - please vote.

 Arthur Ryman,
 IBM Software Group, Rational Division

 phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
 assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
 fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
 mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

Chris Brealey/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent  by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/09/2005 10:17 AM
Please  respond to
 "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] RC3 Hot Bug Status and Process

 Arthur,
thanks. We have a total of two blockers in Web services, 119997 and 120014. Fixes have been made and well tested, and are ready to commit and release. It is essential we fix both in WTP 1.0. Answers to your questions follow, and I've added as much gory detail as I dare to the bugs themselves.

 1. Is there are workaround?
        No.
       119997 manifests itself as an unpredictable and generally unavoidable deadlock in the workbench.
        120014 results in loss of data to the end user.

 2. Should this be defered?
        No.

3. Can this be fixed in time for the next release candidate (if one is planned)? If no, then request another release candidate. Either way, request PMC approval.        Fixes for both bugs are ready. I'm not sure where RC3 is in the pipeline. Is it still open to fixes?

Would the PMC please approve these and advise me on when to release them?

 Thanks much,
 Cheers - CB.

 Chris Brealey
Senior Advisory Technical Manager, Rational Java Web Services, IBM Canada Ltd. D3-275, D3/ENX/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6G 1C7
 cbrealey@xxxxxxxxxx, 905.413.6038, tieline:969.6038, fax:905.413.4920
Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
 Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/09/2005 09:42 AM
Please  respond to
 "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."
wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[wtp-dev] RC3 Hot Bug Status and Process

We recieved a new Hot Bug, 119997, which I have asked Chris Brealey to investigate.

>From now on, as new bugs are reported, we need to answer the following questions:

1. Is there are workaround? If yes, then I'll add this to the Release Notes. Otherwise,
 2. Should this be defered? If no, then
3. Can this be fixed in time for the next release candidate (if one is planned)? If no, then request another release candidate. Either way, request PMC approval.

When you make your recommendation #3, request PMC approval to fix or build another release candidate.
ID
Sev
Pri
Assignee
Reporter
Status
Resolution
Comp
TargetM
Summary
119997
blo
P2
cbrealey@xxxxxxxxxx
yenlu@xxxxxxxxxx
NEW

jst.ws
---
PublishProjectCommand hangs
118727
blo
P2
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx
danjou@xxxxxxxxxx
REOP

jst.serv
1.0 M10
Unable to set web module path in server document
119769
cri
P2
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx
NEW

jst.serv
1.0 M10
No modification stamp change in Utility project
110455
enh
P2
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx