[wtp-pmc] Request for WTP 1.5 M0 on Eclipse 3.2 M4

PMC Members,

On behalf of IBM, I am requesting the we schedule a preliminary milestone for WTP 1.5 to help adopters migrate to Eclipse 3.2. There is new function in Eclipse 3.2 that IBM requires and it is important that WTP move up ASAP. Here is the proposal:

1. WTP 1.5 M0 will be an Eclipse 3.2 "toleration" milestone. The purpose is to help adopters move up to Eclipse 3.2 asap.

2. M0 will contain the minimal fixes to run on Eclipse 3.2 M4. There will be no exploitation of Eclipse 3.2 though, i.e. we will NOT move to the new Common Navigation yet.

3. The release for M0 will be January 13.

4. Other work for WTP 1.5 M1 will be done in side branches until after M0.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411