[wtp-pmc] Regrets for 10/25/2005 call

I'm not available for tomorrow's PMC call due to a religious holiday.

Here is a status update.

Community:
- OOPSLA went very well. There was a lot of interest in WTP in the two demos I lead including questions from a few university instructors. (Unfortunately they were not interested in giving their contact information.)
- The Seneca Open Source Software Symposium also went very well. Jeff and my WTP education talk was very well attended and there were several good questions about using WTP and Eclipse in general for education.
- Although I wasn't at CASCON Jeff tells me the WTP events were also well attended at this conference. There was also a WTP booth at the conference.
- Overall, a solid week of WTP promotion.
- As a reminder, EclipseCon tutorial submissions are due by Nov. 1. There are currently 4 WTP tutorial submissions:
1.Extending web tools platform for your server
2. Java Web Application Development with Eclipse WTP
3. Extending Web Tools Through Project Facets
4. Implementing the Webtools Server SPI.

Capabilities:
I've got an initial list of capabilities together. (See bug 110940.) I'm targeting this week's IBuild to have WTP capabilities at least partially defined.

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top