Re: [wtp-pmc] Clarification on infopops and docs in the 0.7 maintenance release

Jeffrey,

The 0.7.1 release is for major NL fixes only (and possibly major Accessibility fixes too if any, but those should be reviewed first). We can't add these additional infopops and documentation since they have missed the translation cycle. They should be defered to the 1.0 stream.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

Jeffrey Liu/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/12/2005 12:04 PM

Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)"

wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-pmc] Clarification on infopops and docs in the 0.7 maintenance        release

Hi PMC,

Recent translation testing has reviewed that new infopops and docs have been added to the 0.7 maintenance release. They amount to about 20000 new messages, which our translation team cannot contain. Looking back at some of the discussion in the WTP status meeting and mailing list. I thought the 0.7 maintenance release is restricted to NL and critical fixes only. Also, shouldn't infopops and docs of this size be consider as a feature, and that maintenance releases should not contain new features? After talking to a few people regarding this issue, I'm getting mixed messages on whether this change is intended or not. So, I would like to get some clarifications on whether these infopops and docs are supposed to be in the 0.7 maintenance release.

Thanks,

Jeff Liu