[wtp-pmc] proposed charter revision

Please review the attached Word document; change tracking is turned on to enable you to see the specific edits. Note that the figure also requires editing; Arthur will be working on that separately.

I made three conceptual changes:

  • JSF project added as a peer of WST and JST
  • Scope of WTP clarified to permit working on standards in pre-approval states
  • Scope of JST clarified to permit working on non-J2EE standards when they are relevant (e.g., JAX-RPC 2.0 is going into J2SE, but it’s obviously needed by JST)

Please review at your earliest convenience; once we’re in substantial agreement, I’ll circulate this with the EMO so that they can review it prior to submitting it to the board.