[wtp-jst-dev] Extending tomcat launch configuration

Hello,

To simply state my requirement, I need to launch Tomcat with
additional VM arguments. The only way I figured out is as follows:

1. Add a new server type using org.eclipse.wst.server.core.serverTypes
extension point.
2. In that server type, define a custom 'behaviourClass', which will
override getRuntimeVMArguments() and add my VM arguments.

The trouble with this approach is, I am using the internal API in my
plugin. Is this the only possible way currently or is there any better
approach?

I need to do this for integrating MaintainJ plugin with Tomcat server
in Eclipse. I could do this for a J2SE application as at
http://maintainj.com/userGuide.jsp?param=runtime#j2se without using
any internal APIs. I don't find any such neat way for Tomcat/JBoss
server launch configurations.

Choudary Kothapalli
www.MaintainJ.com

Back to the top