Re: [wtp-jsf-dev] Build Breaker

David,

We have noticed that setting JDK compliance to 1.4 does not detect cases like this break where the non-compliance in question is new API on a JDK class itself. I want to force the project-level compliance preference on all our projects to 1.4, but situations like this still won't be detected. Is there a workaround that you are aware of for this issue?

--Cam

David M Williams wrote:

And you are not the only ones lately :)

It appears in the latest I-builds, some JSF code is trying to use some Java-5-only method (Class.getShortName()) ?

Offhand I'd guess it's not worth specifying this plugin requires 1.5, if that's the only "need" for it.

But, in either case, we'll need that fixed before we have an I-build to smoke test.