[wtp-jsf-dev] Comments on WTP JavaServer Faces Development Use Cases (Use cases wiki page)

Hello,

These comments apply to http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Use_cases.

Can this be expanded in such a way as to allow for extension to support other page definition technologies other than JSP (in particular I am interested in Facelets support).

Although I know that Facelets support is part of the JSF Tools brief, I expect that leaving things open for it to be done is.

As far as I can see this would mean that the component libraries need to be able to be marked as JSP or Facelets libraries (or ones that support both, or other things as well). Then I would also suggest that JSF web projects be marked as either using JSPs or Facelets and therefore that only the relevant type of component library could be configured during the enablement phase.

I guess I am really asking that when the APIs are defined that it is not just assumed that JSPs are being used, but that support for JSPs is added though an extension point, so that support for other things can also be added.

Regards,

            Steven

Back to the top