[wtp-jsf-dev] Visual Page Designer support for Facelets

Hello,

I am looking at adding support for Facelets to the Visual Page Designer contribution from Sybase. Currently, I have been working on getting the TagConverters to work when using XHTML files rather than JSP files. I have found that this is possible if a ‘fix’ is applied to how XHTML files are handled by the structured source editor (see enhancement bug# 164957). This allows a ContentModel to be supplied and picked up for Facelets *.taglib.xml files via the extension point ‘org.eclipse.wst.xml.core.documentFactories’. At present my ContentModel just holds the name of the tags that are defined in the *.taglib.xml file and this is enough so that the correct TagConverterFactory can be found and therefore a TagConverter created.

I am now starting to look at how the contribution to the Palette works. At present the PaletteItemManager is tied into looking at *.tld files. However, the PaletteHelper then seems to subsequently work using CMDocuments. I would suggest that the PaletteItemManager should define an extension point that allows plugins to contribute how items for the palette are found. The lookup of *.tld files would then be contributed by the JSP supporting part of the page designer and a Facelets supporting part could contribute lookup of *.taglib.xml files.

I think this is slightly different to the existing ‘org.eclipse.jst.pagedesigner.PaletteItemConfigContributions’ extension point, which is used to provide additional information to the Palette about items.

Does anyone have any comments on this?

I am working on top of WTP 1.5.2 so I am not sure how this fits in with any restructuring / changes to the API that are happening to tidy up the Sybase contribution. Should I be worrying about this?

I am of course be planning to give anything I get working back to you.

Steven

Back to the top