[wtp-jsf-dev] Review of Facets in the JSF Tools Project and the Dali project..

Hi Konstantin,

I would like your help to review the use of facets by the JSF Tools Project. The bugzilla entry, JSF Registry Should Be Facets - 145677 tracks the discussion on this issue.

Background:

The JSF Tools project has added the 'JSF Facet ' to WTP. You need to add this facet to a Dynamic Web project to use the JSF Tools capabilities. When you add a JSF Facet to a project, you are prompted to add 'JSF Libraries' to the project. A JSF Library is a named collection of jars similar to the JDT User library. These jars are added to the build path and optionally deployed to the Server. A Dynamic Web Project that has the JSF Facet has a property page called the JSF Library reference. This allows you to modify the JSF Libraries on the project.

Issue:

The use of the property page to modify the libraries on the project is not correct. These should be done through the Facet add/remove mechanism. It was suggested that there should be a modify option form the Project Facet property page that should be used to achieve the above functionality.

More info:

You can download the 0.5 release of the JSF Tools project from here: http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R1.5/R-1.5.0-200606281455/

Download and un-zip the WTP ALL-IN-ONE zip

Download and un-zip JavaServer Faces package at bottom of the same page

The build includes a User guide that has a tutorial under the Getting Started section. The User guide also include a topic on JSF Facets under the Concept section.

Please let me know if you can participate in a conference call on Monday, 10/2 at 11.00 AM PDT. This is our monthly status call. We can start the Facet discussion at 11.15, right after the status review.

Thanks

Raghu Srinivasan

Project Lead – JSF Tools Project

Back to the top