[wtp-jsf-dev] Warnings and errors in jsf files when importing from SUN Java Studio Enterpise 8

Hello all.

I have just migrated from SUN Java Studio Enterprise 8 to Eclipse and this webtool plugin. I have run into some newbee problems that I need help to sort out. The first problem is a bunch of warnings and a couple of errors that I can't figure out. Almost all warnings is connected to the jsp files and it's backingBean bindings (or componentbinding).

Here are some example of code that generates warnings:
----------- 8<  ------------
<h:dataTable value="#{CreateSurveyTemplateBean.questionList}" var="question" border="1">
<h:column>
<f:facet name="header">
<h:outputText value="Titel" />
</f:facet>
<h:outputText value="#{question.title}" />
</h:column>
</h:dataTable>
-------------------------------
This generates a warning like this:
question cannot be resolved

This is a common error in my jsf file to:
-------- 8< ---------
<h:panelGroup rendered="#{TestBean.nameSelected}">

That binds to the TestBean objects boolean nameSelected variable that have the folowing "get" method

public boolean isNameSelected() {
       return nameSelected;
    }
----------------------
This generates a warning like this:
nameSelected cannot be resolved as a member of TestBean. This worked fine in SUNs IDE.

And now a Error message that occurs in several places in my jsf files:
<h:commandButton type="submit" action="#{TestBean.save}" value="Save" id="saveTestBean" />
The error message goes like this:
EL expression does not evaluate to expected types for this attribute
Again, this worked in SUNs IDE.

Thank you for your support.
/Fredrik

Back to the top