Re: [wtp-jsf-dev] Help needed for my own web based tool development

Hi Saqib,

I suggest you start with the WTP project, http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/.
Try the tutorials. That should give you an idea of the services provided to help build a Web application. If you are interested in building a JSF application, you should get the JSF Tools Project and try the tutorial, http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/jsf/dev_resource/JSFTutorial-M5/JSFTools_milestone5_tutorial.html

For building your own GUI editor, you can take a look at the Visual Editor project, http://www.eclipse.org/vep/WebContent/main.php

And last but not the least, if you are planning to build a Visual Editor to build JSF pages, you are welcome to join the JSF Tools project and contribute!

Hope this helps.

Raghu Srinivasan
JSF Tools Project Lead.
Saqib Nasir wrote:

Hello Everybody,

 I am a student and I am new to eclipse platform. I want to develop my own tool for web based development like Visual Editor or JSF GUI Editor which should generate the source code too. Can anybody tell me from where I should start. Can anybody send me some help material or link.

Thanks In Advance..

Saqib