[wtp-jsf-dev] Re: JSF Build related checkins..

Here's my take, but Naci Dai should review too to ensure this fits into his "big picture" of where build is going ... so I've CC'd him.

1. the releng-jsf/maps/ should be perfectly safe.

2. the wtpbuilder part is a bit more risky, in the off chance we need some quick fix for R1. Technically, a commit to head should be no problem, since we use a tagged version for the build.
 It might be "safer" if you submitted this as Eclipse patch files for that project, attached to bugzilla against wtp releng component, so some of us could review even before it goes into head.
But, if its problematic to submit as patch (for example, contains new files) then I'd say a commit to head is fine, since we can always revert if needed.
(Just let us all know when you do :)

For the wtpbuilder changes to actually be used in a wtp build, there will have to be a tagged version created and the build.cfg file updated (which me or Naci should do).
Is it your idea that these should become part of WTP build now? Available from same download pages, etc? (Or, is that more apparent if I saw wtpbiulder changes?).

Thanks,

Raghu Srinivasan <raghunathan.srinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>

12/15/2005 09:20 PM

wtp-jsf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Jeffrey Liu <jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx>, David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Subject
JSF Build related checkins..

Hi,

I am ready to checkin files that help in building the JSF component. I
would like to clarify if any of the following checkin will affect/break
WTP build.

releng-jsf\maps\*.* : This is a root level folder and has the map files.
releng.wtpbuilder\components\jsf\*.*
releng.wtpbuilder\distribution\jsf.build\build.xml

Thanks
Raghu

Back to the top