[wtp-jsf-dev] Re: JSF Tools project: Code checked-in, need your help on build..

Jeffrey Liu wrote:

Hi Raghu,

I would suggest putting those files somewhere else, here's why. We have continuous I-build setup on the build machine. That means any changes released to the *releng/map/* *files will trigger a build. If you check in your map files now, it will probably trigger an unnecessary I-build. We can exclude the JSF map files from the trigger-new-build list, but since we are getting very close to M9 and 1.0, I would suggest we not do anything major. IMHO, it would be better if you put your map files in *releng-jsf/map/* *instead. What do you think?

As for *customTarget.xml *and etc, I don't think they will cause any problems to the WTP build. But do make sure to keep the JSF build scripts separate from the WTP build scripts. For example, Instead of modifying *releng.wtpbuild/distribution/wtp.build/build.xml* to build JSF, maybe you can put your scripts into *releng.wtpbuild/distribution/jsf.build/build.xml*.

Naci/David, comments/suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Liu
IBM Rational Software - Performance Analyst
IBM Toronto Lab.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/R8V/8200/MKM (D3-268)
T/L: 969 3531
Tel: (905) 413 3531
Fax: (905) 413 4920
jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

*Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM*

11/18/2005 08:39 AM

Raghu Srinivasan <raghunathan.srinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>, wtp-jsf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Jeffrey Liu/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, "YUNG-CHANG,CHEN" <yung-chang.chen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: JSF Tools project: Code checked-in, need your help on build..Link <Notes:///85256A7F00647D62/BD053B46B119C67A8525643000742B16/F3B4895E206C1427852570BD0007F4DE>

Raghu,

Congratulations on the initial code check-in! This is a major milestone for the project.

In the interest of openness, let's use the mailing list for all project communications. This has the benefit of demonstrating activity in the project and also serves to education interested developers.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

*Raghu Srinivasan <raghunathan.srinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>*

11/17/2005 08:26 PM

	Jeffrey Liu/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, "YUNG-CHANG,CHEN" <yung-chang.chen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
	JSF Tools project: Code checked-in, need your help on build..

Hi Jeffrey,

We have checked in the code under org.eclipse.jsf. I would like to add
the following folders related to the build process, but would like to
clarify if any of these could affect the wtp build:
1) releng\maps\jsf..map, jsf-feature.map
2) releng.wtpbuilder\components\jsf\customTargets.xml, build.properties,
dependency.xml

Please let me know your availability for a conf call between 11.15 AM
PST - 1.30 PM PST.

Thanks
Raghu

Hi Jeffrey,

I will follow you suggestions. What is the best way to test the build on my local system without checking in the map files?
Thanks
Raghu

Back to the top