[wtp-incubator-dev] Git limitation? "Cannot push changes that were not committed by you"

Hi Matt,

We have a problem with a sequences of commits that we cannot push to
Eclipse Git.

William (wcandillon@xxxxxxxxx) implemented something and committed on
his machine. I (gabipetrovay@xxxxxxxxx) wanted to review the changes.
So I connected to his cloned repository, and merged his changes into
one branch in my repo. I also committed some bug fixes on my machine.

No I want to push the changes to Eclipse and I get:

remote:
remote: error: git.eclipse.org does not know this committer,
remote:   or this is not you: wcandillon@xxxxxxxxx.
remote:
remote: denied: You (gabipetrovay@xxxxxxxxx) cannot push changes that
were not committed by you. Please fix your repository, and see http://
wiki.eclipse.org/Git for information on configuring your Git environment.
remote:
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/xquery-dev
To ssh://gpetrovay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/gitroot/webtools/org.eclipse.webtools.incubator.git
 ! [remote rejected] xquery-dev -> xquery-dev (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to
'ssh://gpetrovay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/gitroot/webtools/org.eclipse.webtools.incubator.git'

Why am I now allowed to push his changes as well? If this is an
imposed limitation, I think this is wrong. Our only solution would be
then for William to push his changes (assume they will break the
build) and then I pull and push my bug fixes. So we are forced to
break the builds.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

--