Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] <Del><BkSpc> keys not working !

Hi NS Gopikrishnan,

> ...So what is the procedure for creating a new document ?

File > New > (Other... > Vex >) Document
This is because a XML file to open with Vex must be associated with a DTD (= XML must have DOCTYPE which is registered in Vex) and must have a root element.

You are right: "Error at line -1" is an error itself. What do you expect? The New Document dialog? Feel free to open a bug: <https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=WTP Incubator&component=wtp.inc.vex>

Best regards, Holger

NS Gopikrishnan:
That happened to be there always. But the same document if opened
indicating as a DocBook or DITA document, I am able to delete from it.
And I have a doubt regarding creating a new document. If I create an
empty XML file and try to open it using VEX, It will show : Error at
line -1 of the </filename/>.xml : Premature end of file. So what is the
procedure for creating a new document ?

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Florian Thienel <florian@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:florian@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Vex shows the XPath of the cursor position in the status line. Maybe
    the cursor is at a position where deletion is not possible/allowed?

    ~Florian

    Am 15.07.2010 12:01, schrieb NS Gopikrishnan:

        What can be the reason why delete and backspace keys are not
        working in
        my document (It is not removing the preceding/selected
        character(s)) ?
        At the same time it is working for a DocBook. I remember very
        well that
        it was working for my document too before 1 week !
        This seems strange and no Exception occurs at that point. (When
        I press
        Del or Backspace button)

        --
        Thanks & Regards,