[wtp-incubator-dev] VEX: Why is StyleSheet serializable?

StyleSheet and all its contained classes are implementing the Serializable interface. Additionally SacFactory ensures that all instances of LexicalUnit are also serializable by cloning the original LexicalUnit instances.

But I could not find any place where a StyleSheet is serialized or deserialized. Is there any use of this ability left in Vex? I know this behavior from other XML editors like XMetaL or Arbortext Editor, which kind of compile the grammar and stylesheets to speedup the parsing and creation of content.

A lot of effort is put in this facet of StyleSheet. If it can be removed, the code will be much clearer and easier to understand. But only as long it is not used anywhere.

Any hints or thoughts on this?

~Florian

Back to the top