[wtp-incubator-dev] Re: Some renamings...

Just an FYI...these type of discussions need to happen on the wtp-incubator mailing list so that it's public. I've added the wtp-incubator to this thread.

As for Item 3. I actually think org.eclipse.wst.xqdt.marklogic or some other name would work better, because it is API for interacting with the marklogic server, and somebody may want to use it outside of a launching context.

For Hudson renaming open a bug:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Community

Choose the Hudson component, and ask for the existing project name to be renamed.

4 you can take care of yourself, as it's just a MediaWiki syntax that you need to add, create the new page, and have the old redirect to the new.

For 5, there are portions of the old XQDT code that I think may be useful. Particularly, I like the file icon better as it blends in with the other XML and WST icons better. Also, the existing code leverages and extends the WST.XML editor so you get for free all of it's XML support. I think we need to contact roy ganor and michael spector from the PDT project and see what is needed to get DLTK and WTP's SSE editors working together.

Dave

Gabriel Petrovay wrote:
Hi David,

With all these naming discussions (xqdt vs xml xquery) I see in a lot of places different names that all point to XQDT. Do you think we can unify this? Examples:

1. The component in Bugzilla -> Webtools -> WTP Incubator: from "wtp.inc.xquery" to "wtp.inc.xqdt"
2. The Hudson Project name: from "cbi-wtp-xquery" to "cbi-wtp-xqdt"
3. The Plugin containing the MarkLogic XCC library: from "org.eclipse.wst.xquery.marklogic" to either "org.eclipse.wst.xqdt.launching.marklogic.xcc" or "com.marklogic.xcc" (or other com.marklogic... name that Sam proposes) 4. Make the http://wiki.eclipse.org/New_Eclipse_Plugin_for_XQuery redirect to the main XQDT site and use parts of the old page for the main XQDT page. 5. The incubator CVS contains also the old XQuery plugins. Do you think it's worth taking a look over them and pottentialy reuse code form them?

That's it from what I remember.

Regards,
Gabriel

--