[wtp-incubator-dev] An XML package

I think we briefly discussed having a dedicated XML package to be made available from the main Eclipse download page, which would contain all of the XML related code including XSLT.

The only potential problem I can see (other than actually getting the thing organised) is the fact that in order to run a transformation we need the JDT installed, which means of course we would get the Java persective and all the other associated stuff. Do you think thats acceptable for a first release of this package? The alternative is to not bundle the JDT, in which case we get most of the XSLT capability, but you just can't run a transformation.

What do you think?

Doug

Back to the top