RE: [wtp-incubator-dev] Fw: Updates to cc_config.xml and buildBranches.php

Hi David,

>I've not put on the main "download site" yet .. since you didn't say to. Plus, one problem there is that both jax-ws and vex will show up under the "0.5" category. That main download page will need to be improved to show project/component names in a >better way. This is the first time we've had two with same version. But I'll put it there if requested.

Yes if possible please include it in the main download site.

>Plus, I need to give you the standard "new committer lecture" about the term "release". I know its "common usage" but the term "release" means a very specific thing in Eclipse, so we should just call these "builds", "milestone builds", etc., not "releases". >"Releases" in Eclipse imply the full review process, IP documentation, ready-to-include-in-a-Product, etc. Some people might get confused.

Noted. I was using the term in the general sense. Apologies.

>Second, this is the second time you've increased the minor version. Why? Normally we should just change the label, to reflect your milestone build ... but minor version changes are rarely needed (unless you are releasing :) and it's more work for me to >change the version number than just the label.

Since the last milestone i've done a lot of refactoring of the CXF codebase extracting core annotation and JDT classes into reusable core plug-ins (versioned 0.5.x) while introducing extension points to define annotations along with their initializers and validators/processors.

On top of the structural changes i've introduced new UI elements that work off these extension points including an annotations view and content assist within annotations for string values. Plus visually more JAX-WS annotation rules.

I thought a bump in the minor version from 0.4 to 0.5 was warranted. Sorry for any hassle that caused.

Thanks,
Shane

In the future, I'd appreciate these requests being posed on this list, since that's an easy way to keep everyone informed.

I've done both of your requests.

[...]

[See all the information we can share with everyone on public lists :) ]

----- Forwarded by David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM on 03/18/2009 10:55 PM -----

shane clarke <shane_clarke@xxxxxxxxxxx>

David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Oisin Hurley <ohurley@xxxxxxxx>

03/18/2009 08:14 AM

Updates to cc_config.xml and buildBranches.php

Hi David,

When you get a chance could we get the label on the committers download page updated from jaxws-R0.4 to jaxws-R0.5

for the latest release
http://build.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/jaxws-R0.4-I/20090318014549/I-I20090318014549-20090318014549/

And could we get that release included in the
http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/milestones/ update site?

Thanks for your help,
Shane

Join the all-new Windows Live Messenger family Click here!