Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] EMF2DOMSSE

Jesper S. Møller wrote:
David Carver wrote:
If interested here is what the current model that will try to implement this concept looks like:

http://imagebin.org/30938

OK, I see the difference. The code I did for Mule IDE was in fact totally generic with respect to the EMF model in use, you just had to switch the ResourceImpl in use, so I was mapping the DOM into semantic model, using the XML mapping info in the EMF model, which made it really, really hard.

A word of warning: Be careful with the undo functionality. The EMF2SSEDOM stuff uses the "old" undo mechanism which should be sufficient for simple editing, but if you add the EMF Transaction stuff and its undo manager as well, you'll be recording undo information for both the text buffer AND the EMF model, which will get you into all kinds of trouble. One model (the text model) ought to be enough for both models.
Thanks for the word of warning. I'm by passing the EMF2SSEDOM framework all together, so I shouldn't run into that issue. I need to redo the Undo and Redo functionality anyways for VEX as it's not currently implementing the existing Eclipse functionality, it has it's own. So lots of little restructuring to do over the coming months.

Dave

Back to the top