[wtp-incubator-dev] Another dynamic language

As well as the X-Assist sourceforge project, I also created the Shelled project for shell script editing - http://sourceforge.net/projects/shelled/

Someone from the linux tools project has approached me about possible incubating Shelled. They also want to be able amend their rpm editor so that it can create partitions for the shell script parts of the rpm i.e. we have one language embedded inside another.

For the web tools project, we use the StructuredTextEditor to enable us to do this. However, there is also the DLTK project which is meant to handle dynamic languages like this (and that does not use the StructuredTextEditor).

The linux tools project's current rpm editor doesn't use either the StructuredTextEditor or the DLTK editor, which means that they could do any of the following:

a) convert to the DLTK
b) convert to the StructuredTextEditor
c) carry on as they are and handcraft their own

Dave - I know you have looked at the DLTK. Do you have any suggestions about the course of action? What are the pros and cons of using the DLTK?

Cheers,

Doug

Back to the top