[wtp-incubator-dev] API Tooling Enabled for XSL Tools plugins

I enabled the PDE API Tooling for all of the main XSL Tools plugins. This has been tested to be compatible with the current build. You will get a warning if you don't have a Base line eclipse installation setup. In this case the base line should be the Eclipse JEE Package with the XSL Tools 0.5 release installed. This will setup the correct base line. Now when new functionality is added, if version numbers or specific information is missing for API (like @since tags), it will be marked as an error in the IDE.

This should help make sure that we are incrementing version numbers and helping make sure that we provide updated API information to adopters.

For more information on PDE API Tools see the following article it's a good overview:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-eclipse-api-tools/

There are lots of little things that can be done beyond just version comparision.

Dave

Back to the top