Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] XSLFO and Apache FOP

DOUG SATCHWELL wrote:
Yes, they are all good things we should do. I could start with items 2,3, 6 and 7 - I think that would be easiest for me to do and would be a 'quick win'.
As for the open source project, I'd rather start from scratch - simply because it would be more work to integrate that code than to just write some new code. For instance, that code does not use the Eclipse launching mechanism (it uses a builder, and so executes within the Eclipse runtime). That is fundamentally wrong, and means we would have to throw away 90% of that code.
The more I think about this, the more I think this almost needs to be a separate plugin project, and not necessarily included in the XSL Tools project. Unless we are changing the scope away from XSLT Transformations.

The reason I say this is that XSL FO while it is related to XSLT isn't necessarily tied to it. Since we are a small team, I would like to make sure that we are able to concentrate on fixing the outstanding bugs and feature requests, instead of adding yet more functionality.

We probably need a bug to track this enhancement request anyways, so that it gets prioritized correctly into the back log.

Dave

Back to the top