[wtp-incubator-dev] Should docbook be part of our XSL distribution?

We have the new sourceforge docbook plugin, and it is included as a feature to be deployed.

However, I do have a slight concern about this, whether we are going beyond the core aim of the XSL tooling project?

I understand the plugin will be very useful for people who use docbook, but many people have never used docbook (me for instance!) but just want to write XSLT. Do they really want to add 3Mb to their download?

Should the docbook plugin be maintained by the docbook developers themeselves (like it was suggested the Saxon plugin should be maintained by the Saxon developers)?Also, it raises the issue about versions of docbook - which is the most popular; will people get annoyed when we change the version deployed with Eclipse.

Just want to throw this out there because it my mind its not quite as clear cut as previous things we have added (like xinclude support for Ant).

Doug.

Back to the top