Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Adding Embedded Content/Regions to XML Editor

Jesper Steen Møller wrote:
David Carver wrote:
XSL has some special attributes that can contain
XPath expressions.
I might be missing the bigger picture, but isn't it so that almost all attributes in XSL can contain XPath expressions, from the "{xpath-expr}" notation?
So why bother with the partition type at all?
The partition type is used to help differentiate the XSL content from the regular XML content. Those areas that had the { } would also get the XSL Partition type. Those xml elements didn't have that would the standard partitioning. Helps keep extraneous partions from showing up, and helps indicate to content assistance which content assist processor should be used.

The partition type is used during Content Assist configuration to tell the edit or which content assist processor it should be using. Right now, I've kludged together several over rides of the existing XML editor content assistance. By separating it out into it's own partition type, I can get a cleaner implementation instead of extending internal XML classes.

Dave

-Jesper