Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Some notes on incubator builds for next few days and next week ...

I can't see any problems with your plans - have a great weekend :-)
----- Original Message ----
From: David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: wtp-incubator-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, 8 February, 2008 5:03:31 PM
Subject: [wtp-incubator-dev] Some notes on incubator builds for next few days and next week ...

Virtual Team,

I updated build so that
I20080208064845
has all the latest pre-reqs (platform, and WST, especially)
and I will update again on Monday with "final" M5 Eclipse and this week's declared I-build from WTP.
In other words, that will be very close to an M5 candidate for XSL ... right?
You all so still want to declare/promote on same day as WTP? Right?

Now ... main reason for this note ...

Over next few days (yes, weekend) I'd like to experiment with two things.

1. use xalan (and bcel and java_cup) from Orbit and remove the "internal" jars from xalan plugin.
If that seems to work, I'd like that to deliver M5 that way ... unless any of you think too risky?

2. add "jar signing" to the build infrastructure. This I propose to be purely experimental, and will
"back out" what ever I do by Monday so M5 won't be delivered signed ... but, there might be some
builds this weekend with the jars signed (which should be "transparent" but can end up with
performance problems).

To be honest, I'm doing this jar signing experiment with 'incubator' simply because it builds so quick (10 minutes) that I can
quickly tell if it's working or not ... instead of waiting 3 and a half hours for WTP to finish :(

Sound ok? Feel free to let me know if this interferes with anything you have planned and that'll be fine.
Just wanted to keep you informed of my plans.

Back to the top