Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] XPath Content Assistance

DOUG SATCHWELL wrote:
A core xpath plugin is a good idea.
The XML format looks fine to me, but there may be one point to consider. The number of functions added to the extension point could potentially be quite high, which means a lot more parsing for Eclipse to do when it loads plugin.xml, which could slow down Eclipse startup times even more! If instead we were to put the XML into a separate file that is only loaded when the plugin is activated, then this would not affect Eclipse's startup time. What do you think?
That works well for me, and was my original thought. The XML Templates support does something similar with being able to add the other templates.

Dave

Back to the top