Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Smoke Test Time

DOUG SATCHWELL wrote:

Currently there isn't another way for the user to add it themselves - unless they feel like contributing their own extension points!
Well, this looks like a feature request then. As it shouldn't be a requirement to use extension points to add a xslt processor. They may not be able to get debugging ability but a user should be able to add their own processor. It might require rethinking the way the launching configuration is handled a bit to do it.

Either that or they have to do it in the Launch External programs, which can be done, but isn't as nice a way to do it.

Regardless, I'll let the other committers and wtp people voice their opinion on this, but my vote is that we should only include functionality that we can fully support. Otherwise it should reside as it's own plugin out side the project.

Believe me I would love to have Saxon and XSLT 2.0 integrated debugging support, as that is my main XSLT processor. However, as has been previously stated it won't pass the IP process.

XSLT 2.0 editing support is something enitrely different as we can provide that as it shouldn't rely on an xslt 2.0 parser/compiler for editing. Validation might be another story.

Dave

Back to the top