Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Start made on code

Sounds good. I had an idea for the debugger, if it's possible: Would it be possible to set a breakpoint on the XML input document (like a "watchpoint") which is invoked when the XSLT processer matches the input node (by apply-templates, possibly also with for-each). I can see this being useful when debugging push-style templates. I guess the feature could be mimicked by placing breakpoints on each template definition and comparing the current node with a pre-depermined XPath expression.
Being able to set a break point within a specific XML file is a pretty standard feature that we would need. I know that OxygenXML's eclipse plugin allows this, as well as XML Spy and Stylus Studio. There are often times that you have a large XML file you are transforming and need to debug from a particular point in that XML input file.

In Oxygen all you do is place the break point on the XML Element node you want to debug, once it hits that XML node, the debugger kicks in for stepping through the XSLT and the XML file as well.

Back to the top