[wtp-dev] Reminder: office hours TODAY

Hi folks,
A quick reminder that office hours are today, but only for the first 30 minutes due to a scheduling conflict. Here's what's going on with WTP 3.22, which is expected to be part of 2021-06:

1) WTP now includes the parts of Jetty 10 it needs above those provided in the Platform. Jetty 10 is actually built as bundles, just not as a P2 site. There are a few more complications introduced by the additional bundles WTP uses, but we're at the point where we can package what's needed into a site under http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/jetty/ and have them included in our features so they're at least present on-disk when those features are installed. There is still a runtime dependency issue, https://bugs.eclipse.org/573485, to work through by release.

Other projects are welcome to pull bundles from our repo if they also need ones not provided by the Platform. We'll do our best to keep the versions aligned with the upcoming release.

2) WTP's builds are now handled in JIRO (bug 568553). Many thanks to Nick and Fred for pushing that through.

3) Jakarta EE 9 and above*:
Bug 565498, about the Servlet/Listener/Filter wizards could use some attention to make sure the correct packages are referenced when the jst.web facet (Servlet) version is 5+, or more broadly useful, in which package on the Java Build Path the HttpServlet class is found.

Maybe I'll see you during the open meet time, and/or you'll reply right here to discuss anything you like. Either way, until next time!

Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP PMC

Back to the top