Re: [wtp-dev] Declaring Build for wtp-R3.9.3-M: S-3.9.3RC4-20180302093744

> On 7 Mar 2018, at 20.37, Jesper Steen Møller <jesper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> On 7 Mar 2018, at 17.40, Nick Boldt <nboldt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> [...]
>> Has anyone started work on JDK 10 support in WTP? Just curious in which projects I should expect to see changes.
>>

> I really doubt there's anything to do for WTP for JDK 10, unless there is a classfile version check somewhere in there? The only language issue is the 'var' reserved word. I guess we could stop people using the new servlet wizard from using 'var' as a type name, but that's about it.

^^^^ Sorry - that was nonsense, as per Carl's analysis...

What I should have written is that there's only a smaller AST change, addition of a (read-only) property: org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.SimpleType.isVar()

From what little I know about JEM, it should not be affected by the JDK 10 change.

-Jesper

Back to the top