[wtp-dev] Question on moving code between repos

I'm curious on the process of moving a plugin from one repo to another. In theory this should be pretty simple. This bug is actually simpler then others, since the plugin in question is not in any features in it's repo, and is only consumed / included in higher level features.

However, when I attempt to move the given plugin (with history), I can't even set up a gerrit request (refs/for/master), because some of the history of the plugin is made by committers other than myself.

What's the process for dealing with this?   Is the team lead capable of making such a change or forcing the merge in to master? (In this case, the receiving repository is jeetools). Is any committer allowed to use refs/heads/master?  (If yes, I'd like to note that both @nitin and myself recently had problems using refs/heads/master in wtp-common repos)

I would imagine using refs/heads/master is the correct way, but only after approvals are granted. But without a gerrit request, where can debate on the patch proceed? ;)

Thanks again!

- Rob Stryker

Back to the top