[wtp-dev] JSDT development environment

Hi,

    I am new to Eclipse/JSDT and have been trying to set up a JSDT development environment. I followed the instructions in https://wiki.eclipse.org/JSDT/Development, using an Eclipse IDE + a target platform. For some reason beyond me, the resulting workspace has 500+ errors because it doesn't include plugins like com.google._javascript_ and com.jboss.*. Is there some extra step I need to take to get those components pulled in?

    I have also tried the 'Oomph' approach described in https://wiki.eclipse.org/JSDT/QuickStart. The problem I run into there is that when the IDE starts for the first time, it fails to download some files because of 'connection timeout', and refuses to continue the startup tasks. Any suggestion on how I may get around this? Or is there some other approach to set this up? Thanks

Back to the top