Re: [wtp-dev] Alternative to WTP editors with TM4E and LSP4E

On 04/26/2017 02:41 PM, Carver, David wrote:
So this seems like it is relying on external connections and an external server for the LSP portion.  I'll admit I haven't been involved as much on the latest eclipse technologies as in the past, but there are still many times, when I don't have an active Internet connection, and would hope I wouldn't need one just to edit files.  If the server portion is residing locally, then I'm alright with it, but if whatever implementation relies on a remote connection to exist to work then.
Yes, it's running locally. In BlueSky, the servers are embedded in the bundles, they are started as regular processes and we connect with them via regular stdio stream. No Intenet in involved in this process.

I guess I'd like a list of what the target editors to be replaced are?
BlueSky provides CSS, JSon, HTML (with embedded CSS and JS), _javascript_.
All of them could be target editors, but we can do stuff incrementally and start for example by replacing the JSon one, then the CSS one, and so on.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top