Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] Is Validation dead?
From: Victor V. Rubezhny <vrubezhny@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Adam Hardy <adam.ts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues. <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed Sep 21 2016 22:53:38 GMT+0100 (GMT Standard Time)

Oh, no. This preference is only about JavaScript - we had a lot of complains on
old JavaScript parser that was giving too many false positives in its validation
while it actually was not able to parse most of those scripts (like the minified
ones), so we decided to add this 'exclude from parsing/validation' option for
JSDT projects.
For the rest of validators you can only choose to disable validation on a
project at all using Project Properties->Validation (requires to enable the
project specific settings) or on whole workspace using
Window->Preferences->Validation, as well as to play with different validators
preferences like Window->Preferences->Web->HTML Files->Validation (or
...JSON->JSON Files->Validation and so on).

I believe that someone may open a feature request to make it possible to exclude
some files/folders in a project from any kind of validation in Eclipse WTP, and
personally me finds such a feature request reasonable and really useful for some
cases.

Regards,
Victor