Re: [wtp-dev] Is Validation dead?

Hello Adam,

why not to use Windows->Preferences->JavaScript->Include Path->Default exclusion patterns ?

By default it should be set to the following pattern: **/*.min.js,**/node_modules/*,**/bower_components/* which means like 'not to validate any files those names ends with min.js (minified javascript files) or is placed inside any node_modules or bower_components folders.

Please check if you have such exclusion patterns set in your workspace (for some reasons, like using an old workspace or saving improper values for the exclusion patterns setting they (the exclusion patterns) might not to work, but if you're creating a new workspace all should work properly (and the patterns I specified above are used to be the default value).

In case you see that exclusion patterns are properly specified, but files in bower_components and/or node_modules folder are still being validated then please file a bug to bugzilla here: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=JSDT and add description on how workspace was created, which kinds of projects it consists of, what is your test project configuration and what values are used for the exclusion patterns. Feel free to attach any log files if you see some error messages that are related to the issue by your opinion.

Thanks in advance,
Victor Rubezhny,
JSDT