[wtp-dev] Initial development setup

Hi there,

I intend to work on some issues that I need to get fixed. Unfortunately I'm a bit confused about the WTP project overall.

First of all I wasn't able to figure out the actual starting point within the web (I mean a landing page providing links for all necessary infos). I consider https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/webtools to be the most recent and valid location but it wasn't really helpful for me.

What I did so far:

* I've checked out the GIT repo https://git.eclipse.org/r/jeetools/webtools.javaee * I attempted to build it using Maven but it showed me the following error message:
---<8---
Caused by: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: No repository found at http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.5milestones/S-4.5M5a-201502031300. at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.fail(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:395) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:692)
---8>---
* I couldn't find this platform neither through a browser nor through the Eclipse updating mechanism.

What I'm hoping for:

* Is there some sort of documentation available which exercises point-by-point each step to setup an environment?

Best regards

Daniel Kasmeroglu

Back to the top