Re: [wtp-dev] Bad experience with Neon and JavaScript

Hi Piotr,

Thanks for your answer. I know about MyEclipse before and the new JSjet, I think it was featured in an Eclipse newsletter. It looks really awesome, but yet probably it does not fit in my needs. I did not say before but my main interest is not to use a JS editor else to bundle and extend it in my products. I develop a video game IDE based on Eclipse and JSDT is a key part of it. I was playing with tern.java before, to include it in my game editor but yet I prefer to wait for a JSDT update.

Hi Ilya,

I look forward for JSDT, I really want to stick on it, thanks for your answer. I will check the bugs. My internet connection is really a problem, in my country internet is just a nightmare :( it makes hard for me to have an active contribution but is true that at least I can report bugs in the bugzilla.

By the way I think a pure Java parser is the right solution! I never like the idea to depend on external tools like nodejs.

Hi Mickael,

Thanks for for comment. I see i should wait more for new releases.

> How is it important to have a dedicated wizard for such a trivial task? If the wizard does nothing more than creating a
> file, what's wrong with the new file wizard?

Well.. as I said before, it gives the feeling of an unfinished product. Maybe for an expert it has not too much sense, but I think it has for newbies. I think it is more elegant if it includes a new JSON file wizard, JSON is an important format now days and looking into the New wizards you can discover what an IDE supports, and I think it is good to highlight that Eclipse supports JSON. Actually, a "new JSON file" wizard has another advantage, you can create a json file with a different extension.

Thanks all for the replies :)