Re: [wtp-dev] Debugging Javascript - No source found

Could you please create a bugzilla for allowing launch shorcuts for js files inside node_modules ?  (the fix is trivial and it will heal source lookup issue for this case, but we will be able to deliver it only in Neon.1 - September 2016). Also, could you explain the reason why do you have main js file in node_modules? I'm still a bit baffled with this use-case, due to the fact that node_modules folder is typically added to .gitignore

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 10:21 PM, Chuong, Patrick <pchuong@xxxxxx> wrote:

I have an use case where my main application _javascript_ file is within the node_modules folder. It is placed there for a reason and I hope I don’t have to move it outside of the node_modules folder.

Yes, eclipse can find source in the node_modules if my main script is outside of the node_modules. However, if the main script is inside the node_modules, source lookup failed and breakpoint also failed.

Patrick

From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ilya Buziuk
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 4:07 PM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] Debugging _javascript_ - No source found

Hello, Patrick

I am debugging a script within the node_modules folder, and I am hitting the no source found editor. Tried adding many different source lookup container and non of them work.

I also noticed the launch debug context menu is missing in the Project Explorer when right clicking on a _javascript_ file in the node_modules folder.

"Run As / Debug As Node.js" shortcuts were deliberately excluded from node_modules and bower_components folders for js files. Could you please explain the use-case of debugging lib / framework dependency separately from the app ?

In terms of source lookup - can you debug scripts from node_modules when you start debugging on app's main js file via "Debug As Node.js Application" shortcut ? (source lookup should be tuned automatically for this case)