Re: [wtp-dev] Fwd: [epp-dev] Neon RC2 packages

Eugene,

> I believe using the TS Services is the best solution at the moment. It would allow JSDT handle the .js, .jsx, .ts files.
> It provides symbols information, content assist etc.

We have been investigating the tsserver and the language service protocol for the JS tools in Orion as well (currently we use Tern 0.18).
It looks very promising, as it would immediately provide support for many different file types (and has all the benefits that Angelo has mentioned previously).

> Though the concrete integration strategy is subject to discuss.

Perhaps we could discuss this more on the next JSDT call? It feels to me like there might be some overlap work here with Orion and JSDT both trying to implement / integrate the services.

> Language Service protocol doesn't provide AST which may be necessary to display outline for example.
> Another point to consider is refactoring which depends on AST as well. Perhaps it makes sense to create some .ts layer
> between JSDT and TS Services.

Is this something that could be 'fixed' via an extension to the services?

Michael Rennie

Back to the top